First of three muslins I’m working on this long weekend.
The Seamwork Negroni was the first project I tackled years ago when Carla was trying to teach me to sew. It sat unfinished in my drawer for at least four years until I got my own machine in October 2017. When I finally finished, I sort of hated it. The bright yellow fabric was a poor choice. The contrast red top stitching looked like Ronald McDonald-wear.
I pulled it out again last week and realized the biggest problem: the fit was sloppy. What worked on my chest left me with a sloppy shoulder seam. So I drew myself a “large and a half”: size L shoulders, sleeves, and neck; half between L and XL on the chest. Tried on the muslin this afternoon and I think that’s going to do the trick. Also, I have cute fabric ready for this.